Monday, May 24, 2010

Teapot - Donated & Sold

A quick study today, and I have to admit I did use my artistic license on this one... I could not resist the purples that were coming up as I painted.
I started doing my photoshoots for my thesis portraits, that is why I did not have much time to paint. Perhaps later I will attempt the same teapot more "true to life."
By the way, today I was very happy because I found a new home for four of my bromeliad paintings in Dallas, Texas!!! This gives me a great incentive to keep up with this daily discipline.

"Silver Teapot"
8"x8"
20.3cm x 20.3cm
Oil on Canvas

P.S. Don't forget to vote for the next daily painter... It is getting closer and closer to the end of this round of voting...
http://dailypainters.com/blog/contest

3 comments:

  1. Last Friday I printed out little copies of the 4 bromeliad paintings and carried them around my house. They looked good in every room. That's why I had to buy them! They give a kind of semi-exotic oomph to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they are on their way to Dallas as I am writing this message. I am happy to "hear" you are so excited to have my work at your home. It is an honor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Tea Pot is definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete